Raising Cultural Diversity in the Workplace
The aim of Create Cultural Synergy training is to increase participant’s awareness, knowledge and understanding about cultural diversity and to enhance their ability to work appropriately and effectively with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
It is about recognising that we all have similarities and differences, regardless of our background and cultural upbringing.
What will you learn?
- Explore culture and self-reflect on how we learn, observe and acquire our culture
- Develop awareness to better understand the different terms of reference for individuals from differing cultures
- Distinguish visible and invisible aspects of culture such as deep thoughts, values and behaviours
- Review the process of how much we miss during encoding and decoding while communicating with each other
- Engage in experiential learning activities to better understand and communicate with colleagues and clients/patients
- Reference new information to previous knowledge, skills and experiences to provide a more inclusive, efficient and effective work environment
WHEN: Tuesday, 8 November 2022
WHERE: North Town Building, First Floor, 280 Flinders Street, Townsville City
TIME: 9.00am – 12.00pm (first workshop) / 1.00pm – 4.00pm (second workshop)
COST: $70.00 (includes morning / afternoon tea)
This free community segment is proudly supported by: