How To Get Your Business ‘Defence Ready’
The State Development Defence Industry Breakfast was held at Townsville RSL this morning to give local businesses the opportunity to learn about upcoming Defence projects in the region and how to get involved in the supply chain. Manager of the Townsville Defence Industry Hub, Amy Lever, shares her top tips on how to get your business ‘defence ready’ so you can make the most of state, national and global defence supply chain opportunities.
- Stay up to date with defence project opportunities occurring in your region.
- Network and meet with defence industry contacts to understand where the opportunities are in these projects and the prerequisites to participating in supply chains.
- Be visible—learn to pitch your business and highlight your capabilities the right way.
The Queensland Government’s Defence Industry Hub in Townsville can help your business achieve all these things, and more.
Opportunities at the hub include:
- Industry briefings with primes and managing contractors so you can find out about defence projects and opportunities on the horizon.
- Information sessions to help breakdown some of the complexity around entering defence supply chains.
- Meet the major contractor events providing an opportunity to sit down with key defence project decision makers to talk about your business capabilities.
- Capability development workshops to help you understand defence, create an impactful pitch, quad chart and capability statement for your business.
- Networking opportunities to help connect with other businesses and industry members.
By Amy Lever
Amy has more than seven years’ experience working with industry in North Queensland and is passionate about supporting local businesses to help them participate in major project supply chains, particularly within defence. For more information on the Defence Hub, you can get in touch here.
Photography credit: Budd Photography